Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Perfect Pasta Salad

I fell that I must go about copying Anna, and post a recipe on my blog.

Living in the rice-alone country that I did, a 'cold salad' was unheard of. It was only when I came to the U.S. that I experienced the interesting tastes of Potato and Pasta salads. I decided that I liked 'cold salads' immensely, and due to a sudden influx of boxes of pasta noodles (there was a sale) I have my chance. I have now made three pasta salads all by myself. *Claps* The first was understandably BAD, and the second was too spiced. I have finally hit upon a very good recipe. I have halved it for all of those out there with less people to feed, but I usually make 2lb. at a time.

1lb. cooked pasta noodles (cooked to desired consistency)
1 1/2 C. minced vegetables. (peppers, carrots, celery, onions, kernel corn...you can pick and choose)
1 1/2 C. MiracleWhip (or Mayo)
1/8 C. herbs (I used basil, Italian seasoning. I still want to use parsely)
1 TB. Pepper
1 1/2 TB. Salt

Mix all but the pasta together completely. Mix in the noodles and chill (overnight is the perferred length).

No comments: