Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Cross In The Middle

There are no signs of the crosses
But history records there were three.
Two stood because
Of man's broken laws
But I know the other
Stood there for me!
I don't know Peter, or Judas
But I've known the shame of thier crime
I'm so glad Jesus did, die in my stead
The cross in the middle should have been mine!

I never deserved the mercy
Or merited so much grace
Ths unworthy man can't understand
Why that man of no wrong took my rightful place!
If you've ever stopped by calavry
The blood isn't all you would find
For you'd feel it to why I feel like I do
The cross in the middle...should have been mine!

I never heard the hammer
I never felt the nals
I never saw when the angry mob burst as the prisoners fell
They never knew this sinner
I was some other place and time
The chioce was all his but the truth was and is
The cross in the middle, should have been mine!

The chioce was all his but the truth was and is
The cross in the middle, should have been mine!!

No comments: